Searching and retrieving books and journals are made easy and fast by using computerized catalogue, working in multi-user environment. All the functions of the library are automated using a software, developed in the library. The library has been upgraded to include bar-code technology for speedy issue / return operations.
With the resources that the library has, we extend specialized library services to its stakeholders. The library, being developed as a hybrid resource centre, provides these services using both conventional and non-conventional resources. These services include:
- Reference services using strong and updated reference collection
- Reprographic service is provided at the disposal of both internal and external users
- ILL (Inter Library Loan Service) is established with American Library, Chennai
- Information deployment and notification is done through new arrivals display rack, display on the notice board, posting on the library website and communicating via intra-net service. A separate notice board is maintained for offering career / employment information service
- Download services are available for the stakeholders from subscribed e-resources, resources from NLIST and open access resources.
- The library has facility for delivering printing services to the required user who wants the search output in hard format
- Automated bibliography generation service is made available by using the catalogue module of the integrated library automation package
- Library facilitates in house and remote access to e-resources based on user name and password.
- We organize regular awareness sessions and orientation for fresh users for ensuring the efficient utilization of the library services. As and when ICT up-gradations are done or new additions are made in the library, special orientation programmes are held for the benefit of the users.
- Library staff render assistance to search and retrieve information from e-resources, on request
- INFLIBNET services are made available to the user community for academic purpose.